2020 has been a year that has challenged everyone. The year started with fires in Australia, the tragic death of an icon, the arrival of COVID-19, and the reignition of the civil rights movement. 2020 exposed the immense need to care for one another and do our absolute best to stay positive. We as a catering company have found success in being as open and transparent with our clients and team as possible about the situations at hand. We hope that you all have been able to find peace and can appreciate the somewhat needed pause when quarantine began.
All of that being said, we are extremely hopeful and energized for the holiday season! That time of year has the potential to bring so much joy and warmth to a year that has left many isolated. We wanted to give some helpful hints on how to navigate planning a holiday party that will be sure to bring you and your loved ones some much needed cheer!
Step 1: Act now!
When COVID first bloomed in the US we saw a mass migration of events to the fall and winter seasons. That means that caterers, venues, and vendors might already be at capacity for November, December, and early January. Make sure to reach out to your venue or caterers first to see if they have room on their calendars to accommodate your parties. BCE’s entire event year has been condensed into the months of August – October, but our November and December still has some openings to take your parties!
Step 2: Create a fun theme!
Humor is the best way to lift the spirits! Allow your guests the opportunity to laugh and celebrate with their friends and loved ones. A fun theme can help make your party memorable and successful. Here are a couple of themes that we came up with:
- Decades: incorporate the 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, or 10s into a theme that best suits the group and get creative! 90s can be grunge theme, 00s can be pop star themed, etc. The possibilities are as various as the decades themselves.
- Diamonds: One way to elevate the evening and let out some of the pent-up sass is an evening dripping in precious gemstones. Everyone will sparkle and the memories of the evening will last forever just like diamonds.
- Once Upon a Time: What a better way to celebrate the holiday season than by dressing up like your favorite fairytale character.
- Masquerade: A Masquerade theme is easy to tie into the holiday season. Masks can be made using bright gold, rich reds, and emerald greens to elevate the party and make it a regal affair.
Step 3: Pick a menu!
We are excited to launch our holiday menu for the 2020 holiday season! This menu incorporates holiday classics with modern and gourmet influences to make your holiday party shine. Check out our holiday menu here and contact us to get started on making your holiday party a success! Some of our favorite menu items are:
- Winter Mixed Green Salad: This salad is by far one of our favorites. The fresh oranges pair beautifully with the dried cranberries and topped off with the sweet and tangy poppy seed dressing makes this salad a hit!
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole: You cannot beat this simple but hardy side. Everyone will be coming back for seconds.
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip: This recipe is one of the BCE staples. We have taken years to perfect this recipe and it has always been a crowd favorite.
- Ham-Stuffed Sweet Potato Biscuits: Our Sweet Potato Biscuits have, like the Spinach and Artichoke Dip, become by far one of the most popular items on our menu. This item lends itself perfectly to a holiday party.
- Pork Loin w/ Baked Apple Topping: Nothing says Christmas like a ham, but we have found that this item can make your party even more gourmet. It is prepared to perfection and served with a delectable baked apple topping.
Step 4: Party!
The most important part of a holiday celebration is to enjoy the celebration! Work with a team that has proven for over 38 years to be the best. Our serving staff are the crown jewel of our operation and we offer a team that has been trained to offer impeccable service to you and your guests. We always leave a space better than we find it, offer to help other vendors to make sure the timeline you have in place is protected from unexpected issues, and stay moving throughout the room to ensure that your guests have a well maintained and sanitary place to celebrate.
We pride ourselves on offering perfection in whatever form our clients envision it. Our mission is to provide an outstanding event experience that allows our clients the comfort and reassurance that we will do everything in our power to create a perfectly catered events, give our clients more than they expect, and always come through for those who trust us most. Let BCE do all of those things for you! Contact us today to get started!
Leave a Reply