As temperatures rise, so does the hunt for lively and creative trends. Summer is the most popular season for weddings, so it’s important to know how to utilize this time of year’s beauty and spirit. Discover this season’s best trends that are sure to make a statement at your wedding!
Returning to the Basics
Summer is all about taking a step back and enjoying the beauty this season brings. This natural charm is reflected in recent wedding trends as well. From color palettes to makeup and hairstyles, the season calls for a more organic and simplified look. Here are some ideas on how to simplify your wedding look:
- Create a neutral color palette: Earthy tones are huge this season! Explore and utilize shades of dusty blues or even various shades of rust into your flowers, decorations or bridesmaid dresses.
- Stick to simple styles: Wedding dresses come in all shapes and sizes. Take advantage of the amazing weather the season brings by finding a dress that is light and breathable.
- Natural hair and makeup: With the summer heat at hand, less is more. A more natural makeup look has transformed the industry, encouraging brides to feel more comfortable in their own skin. Try this summer trend out by applying a thin base of foundation and enhancing your natural features here and there, giving the face a softer look.
Even though sit-down meals have been a traditional favorite, this year’s trend of small plates, or hors d’oeuvres, puts a creative twist on classic wedding menus. Small plates allow the bride and groom to get a little more creative with their food options. They’ll experiment with different tastes that are sure to appeal to everyone at their wedding. Here are some refreshing small courses to try out at your wedding from Bradford Catered Events:
- Caprese’ Pick: Bite-sized portions of fresh mozzarella, basil and grape tomatoes, drizzled with a balsamic vinaigrette and served on a decorative pick.
- Fruit Kabobs: Fresh seasonal fruit, sliced and arranged beautifully on a skewer.
- Shrimp Cocktail. Large 16/20 shrimp served decoratively and chilled with a homemade cocktail sauce.
Design your wedding with inspiration from outdoors by utilizing greenery in various arrangements. Incorporate flowers or leafy plants into photo walls, cakes, table settings and so much more! You can also use a flower crown instead of a veil or even use decorations such as confetti leaves to tie in your modern wedding look with the beauty of the season!
Unplugged weddings are huge this season, and there’s a good reason why. An unplugged wedding is when you ask your guests to turn off their phones, cameras or any other digital device that might act as a distraction during the ceremony. Doing this allows the wedding photographer to photo the wedding in the most efficient way without missing prime opportunities that could be obstructed by guests. Let your attendees know that your wedding is “unplugged” by creating a cute sign or visual at the entrance of the venue!
Creative Dessert Stations
With each passing year, the menu and dessert options for receptions are getting more creative. Each caterer is putting their best foot forward to keep up with this fun and tasty trend by offering impeccable treats with an entertaining twist. At Bradford Catered Events, we offer delectable dessert stations that are sure to satisfy your wedding guests’ sweet tooth. Some of their most popular treat stations include:
- Ice Cream Sundae Bar: Choose an ice cream flavor served by a uniformed chef with five toppings for guests to customize to their own desire.
- Krispy Kreme: Krispy Kreme doughnuts served warm with a scoop of ice cream by a uniformed chef with the choice of five toppings.
- Torched Bacon S’mores Station: You didn’t know bacon went with a s’more until you tried this! Graham cracker and bacon are combined, which is then dipped in chocolate. After, a uniformed chef adds marshmallow crème and blowtorches it to the guests’ preference.
Whatever trends you choose to pursue, find someone who will put your vision into a reality. At Bradford Catered Events, we offer an assortment of catering options that are sure to aid in creating the wedding of your dreams. With over 35 years of experience, customizable menus and multiple food service options, we make it easy to get everything you need in one place. To book BCE for your wedding or event, give us a call at (865) 522-5552 or visit our website.